Word Clouds are images that show word association and frequency. They are good for Family History illustration if you use, for example, surnames. There are many on-line free programs that will do this for you to various degrees of satisfaction. They take the words you put in and make the word that is most often repeated the largest and the least repeated the smallest with the others somewhere in between. Even if of little technical value they are interesting and some are just good fun.
How I made the Word Cloud
Now I tried a few online programs and some were good and some poor (ie. no capital letters, unreadable arrangements, etc.). This one worked for me at https://wordart.com. Enjoy playing with its options, the result could be a rather better resolution but this is really just decoration!
5. So, in Word Art, in the Edit page under 'Words' click 'Import' and in the 'Input your text here' box paste the text list you copied from your spreadsheet.
6. Your entire list appears in the window and you can close your spreadsheet if you want. Now unclick 'Stemming' - I don't know what it is for but if its 'on' the numbers are wrong! Click the 'Import words' button. Your list now appears in the Word Art Edit 'Words' box and the program has cleverly counted and sorted them for you as in the image above. Which shows my Top Ten - no real surprises to me except for just how high Smith was!
7. Click the red Visualize button and you will get the programs randomised parameter image - that's nice. Now play with the left hand side parameters.
8. The Shapes list is fun and even allows you to add a .jpeg or .png of your own.
9.Tweak the fonts if you wish. Change the layouts... 'Random' is interesting. Under the 'Style' tab you can alter the colours... maybe to your websites colour scheme!
10. When you are done click 'Visualize' and, if happy, on 'Download' and it will save the design to your computer. How cool is that!